Even though I've only been to the carnival a handful of times in my life, I still love the summer vibe of a sparkly Ferris wheel, the smell of funnel cakes and, of course, the pink fluffy-ness of cotton candy! Last week I was at the craft store and I spotted a bag of these big, pink, poms poms and I literally gasped and said out loud "those look like cotton candy!!" To say that Zac is used to this behavior of mine is an understatement, but I don't think the older lady looking at beads next to us was as immune to my weirdness (sorry, Karen...if that is your real name? Because I seriously don't know!) So I quickly grabbed the bag of cotton candy balls and some cute paper straws and got the heck outta there! Once I got home, I plugged in the glue gun and made miniature fluffs of heaven. So, what do you do with a bunch of mini fake cotton candies, you ask? You make a cotton candy banner, dummies! Sorry, I take back the whole dummy part, I think I have some "Karen" aggression leftover.
Read more to find out how to make this sweet decoration for your home or summer party!
What you will need
*Dental floss or embroidery thread
*Large sewing needle
*One package of large pink pom-poms ( I bought a 10-pack at Hobby Lobby)
*Paper straws (I used blue and white striped, but I'm sure it's not against the law to use any color you want)
*Hot Glue Gun (and some hot glue of course!)
1) thread your floss or embroidery thread through each pom-pom. You could tie a knot after each pom so they don't slide, but they're so dense it doesn't seem to be a problem.
2) When you're done threading simply cut the thread to desired length and tie a knot on each end
3) Warm up your hot glue gun and cut up little sections of paper straws. I just eye-balled how long I wanted mine to be, and then I used the first section as a guide for the rest.
4) Hot glue the straws on to the bottoms of the pink pom poms and let cool.
5) Hang your new creation! You can hang it on a wall with push pins (it's a little too heavy for tape). I hung my banner on my refrigerator using some heavy duty magnets that I got from the stationary section of Target.

What is your favorite summertime treat? Comment below!
Thanks for stopping by and please follow my instagram if you haven't already.See you next week!






So cute!!! I think my favorite summertime treat is ice cream! But these adorable cotton candy fluffs are a close second!
ReplyDelete