Before we went shopping we established some goals for the balcony:
1) Have a nice place to eat and relax
2) have room for Iris to play with her beach playset (check out our DIY beach playset here)
3) Make room for storage
Then we decide on a theme. We don't stick strictly to a theme, it's more of a backdrop, and then we add any little thing that we want, like gnomes and disney characters...okay, so more like I add everything that I want. We decided to go with a tiki theme. Next was a productive day of shopping, I bought leis and a hula skirt from the party supply section of hobby lobby (but if you don't like Hobby Lobby you can gee this stuff at any party supply store or website) we collected some clearance glass containers, picked up some super cute outdoor lights from target (my happy place), and made use of leftover play sand and the insane amount of sea shells that Zac and Iris brought back from our Florida trip last winter.
So I hope you enjoy this little tour of our tiny outdoor oasis. Let's start with the before:
So I hope you enjoy this little tour of our tiny outdoor oasis. Let's start with the before:
Before...
![]() |
| See what I mean? Doesn't your brain just want to punch itself in the face right now? |
After....
![]() |
| We used a $3 party hula skirt as a backdrop for our table and chairs |
![]() |
![]() |
| These cute disney pot hangers were sent to me by my sweet friend, Misti |
![]() |
| Every room in our home has some type of cute creature hanging around. So the balcony was no exception. |
![]() |
| There was no hiding the bikes, so we just gave them some colorful leis. |
See you soon!
















Beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! I love it!!! I will be honest- I didn't think the Before pictures were that bad- it looked like a normal balcony. But now it looks like a paradise!!!
ReplyDeleteaww! Thanks so much! I guess everyone has their clutter. I'm glad we were able to mask ours a little more lol
Delete